ROTARY YOUTH LEADERSHIP AWARDS (RYLA)
RYLA is an opportunity for high school students to join other outstanding youth from throughout central and southeastern Ohio for a three day leadership camp where they will learn about themselves, learn from others and have FUN!
District 6690’s annual RYLA conference, is based on a program initiated by Rotary International. The purpose of the program is to identify young people who have demonstrated leadership skills or show the potential to be leaders, and give them an opportunity to explore and develop those skills with others with similar capabilities.
During the conference, participants will
- explore their own style and strengths;
- learn skills that will enable them to be aware of and able to address community needs;
- interact with adult role models who are active in their professions and community;
- develop and learn leadership skills
- develop an appreciation for community service.
RYLA is a chance for students to meet other outstanding students from central and southeastern Ohio while learning about themselves, learning from others and having fun. An outstanding group of facilitators are planning for a successful RYLA event and are looking forward to our conference.
Students will arrive on Thursday morning for registration. Students will be assigned roommates who are not from their school or hometown, and will be purposely mixed up throughout the weekend in order that they can meet all participants.
For three days students will be participating in group learning activities, discussions, speakers, interaction with peers and social activities. Participants’ days are filled from breakfast to lights out. Elements of the program build on each other and students must be willing and able to commit to the entire weekend in order to provide the best experience for all.
CONFERENCE TOPICS INCLUDE
Learning to Dialogue: how to share views in a constructive way, leading to better understanding;
- Behavioral styles: better understanding of oneself and the value of different behavioral styles and the effects of different behaviors on a group;
- Rotary: learning about and understanding the Four Way Test, and the purpose and activities of Rotary International;
- Society: looking at the role values play in our modern society and understanding the Pillars of Character.
Local Rotary Clubs may agree to sponsor a student by paying their conference expenses.
Only youth sponsored by a local Rotary Club may participate in RYLA.
July 20-22, 2023
Rotary Clubs wishing to sponsor a student(s) to attend RYLA in July 2022 may submit their Sponsorship Agreement Form any time BEFORE March 15, 2023. Cost per student is $300 – paid by the Rotary Club.
Please CLICK HERE to access and submit this form to the District6690 RYLA Committee.
For additional information and other forms please visit www.ryla6690.org